This position is located at Department of Housing and Urban Development, Asst Secretary for Housing-Federal Housing Commissioner.
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under announcement 23-HUD-1941. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
Open & closing dates – 06/07/2023 to 06/21/2023
As a Secretary, you will:
- Control all correspondence. Determine appropriate routing including what needs supervisor’s personal attention. Follow up to ensure timely action. Review all outgoing correspondence for neatness, accuracy, adherence to format and supervisor’s personal style.
- Draft non-technical correspondence including, but not limited to such things as personal acknowledgments, acceptance letters.
- Respond to inquiries and administrative problems brought to the supervisor by members of the staff and officials of the agency. Notify the appropriate staff officials of the need for information or recommendations, and either prepare the response or follow up to ensure timely response by others.
- Maintain supervisor’s calendar, making appointments and arranging conferences without prior approval.
Conditions of Employment
The official duty station for this position will be in Washington, District of Columbia. Failure to report to duty at this location may be grounds for a disciplinary action, including removal.
Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National.
A one year probationary period may be required.
Must successfully complete a background investigation.
Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form i-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
Please refer to “Additional Information Section for additional Conditions of Employment.”
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience: Specialized experience for GS-9 is one (1) year of experience at the GS-8 level, or equivalent, which is directly related to the position as listed in this announcement and has equipped the candidate with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position successfully.
Specialized experience is defined as follows:
-Coordinating the work of an office with the work of other offices and ensuring that the procedures and administrative controls of the office work smoothly and that administrative details are not overlooked; AND
-Analyzing administrative issues and making decisions on non-routine matters; AND
-Managing office correspondence and coordinating assignments of inquiries; AND
-Maintaining the supervisor’s daily calendar and performing tasks such as: arranging conferences, meetings, travel, etc.; AND
-Editing documents used in final drafts or presentations by management.
A complete application includes:
1. A resume: All applicants are required to submit a resume either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.)
- To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your résumé.
- It is suggested that you preview the online assessment questionnaire, to ensure that your resume thoroughly describes how your skills and experience align to the criteria defined in the “Qualifications” section of this announcement and support your responses to the online assessment questionnaire.
- For resume writing guidance, please visit USAJOBS Resources Center.
2. Vacancy assessment question responses: All applicants are required to complete vacancy question responses by clicking the apply online button of this vacancy announcement.
3. Submission of any required documents identified below, if applicable: Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
- VETERANS’ PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION:
- CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) OR INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS:
- If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, in order to be eligible under one of these authorities you must submit all required documentation as outlined in this link: CTAP/ICTAP