This opportunity is open to the public under 23-HUD-3045 and to status eligibles under announcement 23-HUD-3044. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
Clarification from the agency: U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Open & Closing Dates: 10/20/2023 to 11/03/2023
This job is open to
- The public
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
- Family of overseas employees Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is or was, working overseas.
- Federal employees – Competitive service Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Individuals with disabilities
- Land & base managementCertain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
- Military spouses
- Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
- Special authoritiesIndividuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
Clarification from the agency
All candidates who meet the following are eligible to apply for this job: Current or former federal employees qualifying as Status Candidates, Federal employees currently serving on a VRA, VEOA eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement, or VRA eligibles or Land Management employees eligible under Public Law 114-47).
Making a Difference: HUD’s Mission
HUD’s mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination and transform the way HUD does business.
As a secretary, you will:
- Advise the supervisor of important office matters arising during their absence and brings the supervisors attention to significant items in reports, files, and correspondence.
- Maintain supervisor’s appointment schedule, advising supervisor of appointments and commitments that may affect future decisions.
- Arrange meetings, including space, time, and staff. Assembles background material for agenda items and informs participants of topics to be discussed.
Conditions of Employment
- The official duty station for this position will be in Washington, District of Columbia. Failure to report to duty at this location may be grounds for a disciplinary action, including removal.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National.
- A one-year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form i-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Please refer to “Additional Information Section for additional Conditions of Employment.”
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience for the GS-08 is defined as one year of experience at the GS-07 level, or equivalent that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position must include the following:
- Using computerized office software, for example, Word or Excel. AND
- Using and maintaining office equipment (e.g., copiers, fax, telephones, personal computers, shredders, etc.). AND
- Preparing and reviewing office documents. AND
- Dealing with a variety of contacts and handling each contact with tact and diplomacy.
Experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Relocation incentive will not be paid.
- Recruitment incentive will not be paid.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is Non-Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- HUD offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
- This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies for similar positions across HUD. During the online application process, you will be asked to specify if you would like your application information shared with other hiring managers in the Program Office listed in this announcement or in other HUD Program Offices. Opting to share your application information will not impact your application for this announcement, nor will it guarantee further consideration for additional positions.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (CONTINUED):
HUD employees are subject to a number of government-wide and HUD specific ethics laws and regulations, including restrictions on working in a real estate related business, and having Section 8 tenants, along with other prohibited interests and activities. To review applicable ethics rules and HUD specific restrictions, please visit https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/general_counsel/ethics.
For additional information and to apply visit: USAJOBS – Job Announcement