General Description and Classification Standards:
The City of Atlanta (City) seeks to hire a Program Administrator for the WeatheRISE ATL Program. The purpose of WeatheRISE ATL is to reduce energy burden on households in Atlanta’s highest energy burdened areas through energy efficiency retrofits. The benefits to this program include the preservation of naturally occurring affordable housing, a decrease in carbon emissions, improved health outcomes and workforce development opportunities through delivery of energy efficient home environments.
The Program Administrator will report directly to the Chief Sustainability Officer and serve as the liaison between the City, the nonprofit entities delivering the program services, program participants, partners, and the community. The program is composed of three service delivery components designed to collect demographic and housing characteristics data on participating households, provide energy conservation education, deliver energy efficiency audits and to recommend a package of utility-bill reducing retrofits to owner-occupied single-family homes in high energy-burdened census tracts.
The Program Administrator is responsible for ensuring the schedule, reporting, communications, and details of the WeatheRISE ATL Program are well organized for timely and successful implementation. They will communicate effectively with the Chief Sustainability Officer, the program implementers, program participants, partners, and community stakeholders to keep all key resources engaged for successful program delivery. In addition, the Program Administrator will organize reporting, plan meetings, and provide regular program updates through various in-person and electronic formats.
This position receives guidance regarding overall mission, short and long-term objectives, scheduling, unusual priorities, and is expected to structure their workday to accomplish established goals. This position can work independently and will support high achieving teams that deliver critical projects and utilizes multiple technical platforms. Direction received will range from specific and task oriented to general with collaboration expected to shape the final deliverable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Expect to perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversight of daily program operations, coordination with program implementers.
- Establish administrative workflow and project management schedules.
- Work with administration, fiscal and program staff to develop necessary reporting procedures, timelines, documents, and policies.
- Consistently review strategy and objectives for ongoing program development and to improve program operations, coordination, and collaboration among staff.
- Ensure data is current and available for use in developing reports as required.
- Ensure partners and program participants receive services that are responsive and in alignment with the goals and requirements of the program.
- Prepare and present WeatheRISE ATL Program information for public speaking when requested.
- Establish collaborative relationships with vendors, contractors, and service providers to meet the needs of program participants.
- Provide weekly program updates to the Chief Sustainability Office.
Determines priorities, work methods, and work timeline in assignments. Uses judgment and discretion in developing recommendations.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Strong organization, management, and supervisory skills
- Superior project management skills, including organization, planning, time management and strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices with a focus on Microsoft Office 365
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills with nonjudgmental approach and style
- Demonstrate cultural competency and a commitment to community
- Self-starter requires minimal supervision, requests additional assignments or responsibilities; suggests and implements improved work methods
- Identifies problems, secures relevant information, and implements solutions.
- Establishes and manages work priorities; efficiently allocates time and utilizes available resources appropriately; effectively handles multiple assignments
- Punctual and prepared for meetings with all stakeholders internal and external to the City
- Cultural Competency: Commitment to learning and integrating cultural differences into day-to-day practices
Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing complex programs on a tight schedule
Minimum of 3 years’ experience working directly with community members and community-based organizations
Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Non-Profit Management, or a related field and/or an equivalent related experience in a human services related management position.
Licensures and Certifications (desired but not required):
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment:
This hybrid work position is considered essential and thereby requires, on occasion, that the incumbent work outside of normal operating hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as during inclement weather and/or times when the city would otherwise be closed.