The National Association of Minority Contractors (NAMC) Atlanta chapter is seeking an experienced leader to help lead our mission, vision, and value-driven member organization into its next phase of continued growth. We are seeking candidates familiar with the nonprofit, trade association sector. We welcome candidates with experience collaborating with a Board of Directors and volunteers, as well as a passion to make a difference in an essential services industry: construction and related trades for minority business enterprises.
- Enhance Membership Engagement: Actively contribute to the organization’s membership and sponsorship growth.
- Develop programs and initiatives to increase the number of new active members
- Enhance communication with existing members
- Engage volunteers, including working with the Board of Directors
- Establish relationships with corporate and industry sponsors that support the organization’s mission
- Develop Public Relations: Communicate NAMC’s mission, objectives and programs throughout the greater Atlanta marketplace.
- Establish relationships with stakeholders, including the construction industry, corporate and private enterprises, governmental agencies, regulatory bodies and the general marketplace
- Network with tangential trade associations, and industries
- Increase sponsorships of NAMC events
- Increase NAMC’s presence/visibility throughout the state
- Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective and efficient administration of NAMC’s operations.
- Development and assist executive board with committees and volunteers to deliver programs
- Track lessons learned for continued process improvement.
- Produce, manage and control design and development and/or execution programs to benefit members
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for execution of NAMC’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission via committees.
- Responsible for execution of strategic plan to ensure that NAMC can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of NAMC’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Assist executive board with onboarding of new board members.
- Responsible for leading volunteers in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for effective communication with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study
- Five or more years’ experience developing and growing association membership
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of NAMC’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with board members and association volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
CONCISE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as NAMC’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance NAMC’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the chapter throughout the State.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Input in strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
For more information, contact Andrea Barnett at [email protected].