From Bridgewater State University’s inception in 1840 by Horace Mann as one of the first normal schools in America to the current day, BSU has worked to ensure that our students receive an accessible, affordable, and exceptional education. BSU aspires to be the leader in our mission class for closing equity gaps for Black/Cape Verdean, Latinx, Native American, Asian, and other students of color. BSU’s https://www.bridgew.edu/bsuvalues, the work of the https://www.bridgew.edu/racial-justice/task-force, and leadership of the https://www.bridgew.edu/the-university/diversity-consortium underscore the campus’ commitment to racial equity and other forms of social justice.
The mission of the Division of Operations is to provide the best service to our students and employees with a primary focus on creating, maintaining and managing a physical environment that enhances teaching, learning and living. Successful candidates will be staff members that can work with their colleagues to help meet the mission of the Division in serving and supporting our racially and ethnically diverse campus community.
The University is seeking an ambitious, creative, experienced, and equity minded capital planning professional. The Staff Assistant is the primary manager of the campus-wide space database which includes room surveys, maintenance of electronic data files, reporting / assessing data from various requestors and coordinating furniture and signage requirements. The Staff Assistant also manages the planning, design, construction and delivery of renovations, alterations, and modifications to campus facilities; prepares and manages schedules; prepares construction contracts and procurement orders; provides on-site coordination, quality control, and all aspects of contract management.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Capital Planning.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervision is exercised over consultants, contractors, and student employees.
This is a full-time, 12-month APA position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
Position Type: APA Professional
1. Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of construction projects; monitor and coordinate work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction firms. Apply a racial equity lens for all capital planning related to the University.
2. Develop project schedules, budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions, as appropriate.
3. Must be able to review, interpret and implement proposed designs, engineering drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function, meet all applicable codes and institutional standard.
4. Ensure that project operations are in compliance with design specifications and with university / state policies and regulations.
5. Collaborate with operational and maintenance staff in support of ongoing operations and project delivery.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability design for and present to diverse audiences and communities. Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments.
7. Strong communication/ collaboration with Town and State Inspectors, Campus and Town Police, Bridgewater Fire Department.
8. Participate in assigned project meetings with General Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Architects, Engineers, and any other Key Stakeholder’s.
9. Review contracts, purchase orders, change orders, and approve engineer and contractor invoices for payment.
10. Direct work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing institutional operations.
11. Inspect and advise on acceptance of completed projects for the institution, ensuring conformance with institutional standards, building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications.
12. Represent the university with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
13. Advise, consult, lead, and provide feedback on the development of construction procurement documents, including plans, construction phases and project management responsibilities.
14. Participates in project evaluation and consultant selection for applicable procurements.
15. Participates in contractor evaluations, bid analysis reviews and reference recommendations.
16. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned, in support of the Department of Capital Planning.
17. Facilitate campus furniture and signage requirements.
18. Assist with maintenance and upgrade the campus-wide space occupancy data base with periodic surveys to verify modifications and the individuals / organizations occupying in the space. Collaborate with the Registrar’s office and Media Services to maintain space reports for classrooms and specialized instructional spaces.
19. Assist with preparing space occupancy report for developing space-use standards and maintain electronic plan data base for all campus space.
20. Commitment to customer service excellence/support to enhance an environment of equity, diversity and inclusion.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• One to two years of demonstrated and formal project management experience.
• Demonstrated experience with computer-based project management systems including graphics, scheduling and administrative systems.
• General knowledge of management information systems including AutoCAD, Adobe Pro and MS Project
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, across departmental lines.
• Ability to communicate appropriately and professionally, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse community.
• Ability to foster a cooperative working environment.
• Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply planning principles and procedures and management best practices.
• Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
• Ability to develop accurate building estimates and schedules.
• Ability to understand engineering plans / technical specifications and maintain accurate project records.
• Ability to provide technical guidance and/or supervision to architects, engineers, and contractors.
• Ability to perform site inspections and/or approve installations.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for the application process, please complete and submit this electronic form: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?BridgewaterStateUniv&layout_id=18
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement This position must comply with the University Covid-19 Attestation requirement. All employees must be fully vaccinated and complete the Covid-19 Attestation upon hire.
Medical or Religious Exemptions An employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on the existence of medical contraindication to vaccination. In addition, an employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on a sincere religious belief. In both cases, an employee will be required to submit documentation to support the request for an exemption. Employees who secure an exemption may be required to take additional precautions in the workplace and will be required to participate in weekly COVID-19 testingthrough the university’s Wellness Center.
Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000
Posting Number: S00715P
Open Date: 11/19/2021
Close Date: 1/2/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position: *a minimum of one (1) employment history entry. *a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2657646
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.